I suggest you ...

Make Gravity able to remember where you are in the timeline

Gravity often loses where I am in the timeline, either because of a network reconnection, or because it or the phone is switched off and on, or because you go look at something in another tab, or perhaps go look at the tweets of some user. At least as an option, it would be great if it could always remember where you are up to in the timeline, and go back there reliably.

196 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anthony B. CoatesAnthony B. Coates shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • OzoneVibeOzoneVibe commented  · 

I thought Gravity used to be OK in this respect, but after a recent new version it became MUCH worse and more annoying.

• cast3rcast3r commented  · 

Yeah it's annoying that it won't jump to the first unread post if it's below the 'more' button.
        Would be also nice to indicate read/unread tweets via different color or something.

• CougarCougar commented  · 

This is the most (and only) annoying thing in Gravity. I have some very busy accounts where hundreds of updates can come before I read them. Then When I scroll back it either jumps forward when new tweets arrive or I have to scroll slowly back to the end when my old tweets are read. Would be great if there is some key to jump to the end of timeline

• FerdFerd commented  · 

Yes, and 8hour gap or more than one page of waiting tweets, causes frustrating amount of time having to scroll back and then if you choose some of the options in a tweet like e.g. looking at a mentioned tweet account, gravity seems to put you back somewhere random.

• Grischa BrockhausGrischa Brockhaus commented  · 

.. would be good having gravity saving it's state each time it is finished. If I don't explicity exit the client (but switch of the phone i.e) tweets I already knew pop up as new again.

• Vivienne HoVivienne Ho commented  · 

Every morning when I wake up, I have to scroll backward for tweets that I missed reading while I was asleep. It's very tedious and time consuming as after finished reading the old tweets I have to scroll back to the top again. It'll be great if I could just continue from where I stop in the timeline the night before.

Feedback and Knowledge Base