I suggest you ...

Add home screen notifications! (v3?)

Add home screen notifications for new tweets!

408 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mwxiaomwxiao commented  · 

I don't know if this is technically possible. But I think it's better to have notifications like emails and music players. You can show something like "Gravity (10)" where 10 indicates the number of unread tweets or news updates. I believe this is better than pop up notifications where you have to choose view or cancel when there is an update. While with email-like notification, you can choose to view it now or leave it later. Besides, you can easily access the application even there is no updates. I own a non-touch phone, I think this is much better than pop up notifications.

• Janaka PereraJanaka Perera commented  · 

This is going to be very useful for me as well. Nokia Social messenger is having this feature AFAIK.

• Vasco DuarteVasco Duarte commented  · 

But please don't make a mess of it. make the notification as short/un-intrusive as possible and just update an icon (à la E71) instead of displaying a notification that hides half of the screen

• JoeyJoey commented  · 

Apps like instant messaging clients just show an overlay above all windows to alert of new messages.

If an actual homescreen plugin is too difficult, configurable notifications of that nature would be a good compromise.

• zvakzvak commented  · 

also on v5, phones that do not have widgets (5800XM)

Feedback and Knowledge Base